Saturday, March 12, 2005

pink flowers with earflaps

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
FO this: Maggie's cap with earflaps.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Maggie's cap detail: five-scallop garter-stitch flower.

Maggie's cap with earflaps:
Yarn -- Knit Picks merino style in "Petal"
Gauge -- 5.5 stitches

Size -- about 19.5" circumference
Pattern --
hat: CO 108 stitches and knit in the round about 1.25", purl a round for visual interest, then continue knitting for about 3" more before beginning the decreases in multiples of 9. (I think I should have knitted a few more rounds before decreasing. We'll see if it fits my niece.) Decrease every other row until 9 stitches remain. Knit 3 stitches together 3 times until 3 stitches remain. Pull yarn through these stitches tightly and weave ends.
earflaps: CO 16 stitches, work 1" in garter stitch, before decreasing one stitch on each end every other row. Decrease to 4 stitches, knit 2 rows, then begin I-cord to desired length.
flower: from Nicky Epstein's Knitted Embellishments.

7 Comments:

At 9:23 AM, Blogger caramelknits said...

So freeking cute!!! That is one of one of the most adorable hats I've ever seen! Great job!

 
At 10:12 AM, Blogger tellen said...

Check you out!! That is a very cute hat! Glad to see you knitting again.

 
At 5:17 PM, Blogger marirob said...

What a great hat! I love it!

Totally off topic, but you asked on my blog where the poppy reserve is... here are the directions courtesy of Rob:

To get to the poppies from LA: take the 405 North, to the 5 North. Then take the 14 North...
Directions from website:
The Reserve is located 15 miles west of Lancaster on Avenue I. Take the Avenue I off ramp from the 14 Freeway, head west 15 miles to the Poppy Reserve. http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=627

As soon as you get off at Avenue I, there are signs to follow and it is super easy to find.

Hope you make it! It's definitely worth the trip.

 
At 6:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow that is so so cute how is the lucky baby to get this?

~SP~

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger JinxedMinx said...

Omigod how cute is THAT? awww! So adorable!!

I have come to the conclusion that everything is cuter with a knitted flower attached. True?

 
At 5:20 PM, Blogger IndigoMuse said...

Thanks for the link to Zira (the monkey). I've had fun with making her and hope to have more monkeys in the near future. Come back and visit again soon.

Tanya

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger Oslofia said...

That is soooo cute!!! Good luck on your new adventure...I'm sure everything will work out just fine =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home