Sunday, February 27, 2005

van gogh a go-go

Jumping on the Knit Picks bandwagon...


Bought these skeins of
Knit Picks merino style. Beautiful, soft and knits up quickly -- qualities I look for in a yarn. The swatch, so far, is true to gauge at 5.5 stitches to an inch on U.S. #6. Not sure yet what the rows/inch will be.


Thinking about making "Peppermint Twist" from
Stitch 'n Bitch. The gauge is off and will require a little math. With the colors I want to use, I guess I'll have to call it something like "Irises a la Peppermint Twist," don't you think?

3 Comments:

At 7:59 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

What a beautiful color palate! I think they'll look great using that pattern - well worth the math!

 
At 5:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there love the pattern and the yarn. I have some of the yarn from Knit Picks and I just love it!! I hope that all is well with you and that you are having a wonderful day!!

~ SP ~

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger JinxedMinx said...

Oh lovely! That would be so beautiful and spring-like!

So I really need to cave in and order from KnitPicks, don't I? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home