Thursday, December 30, 2004

lite knitting

Unfortunately, I haven't been very active on the knitting front lately. I don't know if it's a motivation thing or a priorities thing.

Anyway, I received a couple skeins of yarn and a knitting stitch pattern book from a dear friend of mine back home. The two times I've been home since I left she's been in New Mexico with her dad who is undergoing chemotherapy treatments. So, her boyfriend gave me the gift when a few of us met for dinner. (See the photo of us on my personal blog.)

Back to the yarn... it's a blend of acrylic, polyester, mohair and alpaca. I have itchy issues with mohair, so, I thought I would knit a scarf for my friend's birthday at the end of January. Hopefully, I'll finish it in time. Ack!


The yarn and the scarf in progress.
The pattern is a simple k2 p2 rib.

2 Comments:

At 1:35 PM, Blogger illanna said...

Wow that yarn is so different looking! I have never seen anything like it. It seems like it will make a very fancy elegant scarf!

 
At 8:55 AM, Blogger Erin said...

The yarn makes for a very pretty scarf. Hopefully it's not too hard to work with. Happy New Year, and maybe sometime we'll manage to meet at a knitting group in person!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home