Wednesday, December 01, 2004

flying with needles & the hourglass

For those worried about having your sticks confiscated at the security checkpoint at LAX, have no fear. (Check this link for documentation from the TSA.) A guy on my return flight commented on my needles and how he had been taken aside because the rivets in his jeans had set off the sensors.

I can understand why knitting needles and crochet hooks shouldn't be allowed on planes. They could, after all, be potential weapons. But then, so could a million other things.

Thank goodness I was able to bring my circulars aboard. Although a very slow knitter, I did make progress on the hourglass sweater. (See the link button on the sidebar for more info on the knit-a-long.)

After losing an eBay auction for 10 skeins of turquoise Cascade Sierra, I looked at my stash and found some yarn with the required gauge I have had since the '90s. I knew I'd eventually find a use for this stuff... although, I'm not crazy about the color. Against my better judgment, I might consider dyeing it after it's knitted. gasp!


The yarn for the hourglass sweater.


Progress to date on the hourglass sweater.

3 Comments:

At 11:45 AM, Blogger illanna said...

Hey your sweater looks great! I started another one too, using Rowan R2 Paper. You are much further than I am...

 
At 2:04 PM, Blogger tellen said...

Wow, you have made progress on the sweater. Unfortunately for me, it's not even in my near knitting future. I have Christmas stuff to finish and then a few other projects that have been waiting much longer than the Hourglass. I hope you enjoyed your time with the family. :) I am glad you had the chance to go out and visit with them.

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger illanna said...

Hi Kelly! I made a new button for the hourglass knitalong. I think this one is a lot nicer than the last one I made. Also, are we going to post pictures and thought of our progress on the knitalong, or just pictures of final products?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home