Monday, November 15, 2004

tangled up in blue

Unproductive night at the SB knitting group...

I spent most of my time watching Laura (bless her) detangle my eyelash yarn from yet another mess it's gotten itself into. I HATE this yarn! I am such a fool for buying it.

Summers brought a new book -- Last-Minute Knitted Gifts. I photocopied a raglan-sleeved sweater pattern from it, and want to stop all WIPs to make it. I really want to use that soft merino yarn from handpaintedyarn.com. Chauntel said the row gauge would require some serious math if I used that yarn. Details schmetails! I think I'll go for it.

The knitting group is now meeting at a coffee shop. Since I've been here in California, I've grown pleasantly accustomed to a smoke-free environment at eating establishments. So, I was a bit annoyed when some outside cigarette smoke found its way into my noise while I sipped my Chai Latte. I've become such a clean-air snob!

1 Comments:

At 8:06 AM, Blogger illanna said...

Hey thanks for the comments on my blog! First, I wish there was a knitalong for this sweater, because it was a BLAST to make and I want to make it over and over.

The only thing about it is there are a LOT of mistakes. I had to call up PurlSoho a LOT. There are mistakes in the pattern that are not even included in the errata on their site.

I think a knitalong would be a good idea because then we could talk about all the mistakes and do it together.

About the yarn, the Noro Lily that I used did not get row gauge either. It's kind of easy to compensate for that in this pattern because it tells you the lengths that things should be.

Let me know if you want to start a knitalong, because I know there are a lot of people interested in the pattern- I can see who searches for things and find my site, and there are at least 2 or 3 a day who search for "last minute knitted gifts hourglass sweater" and find me.

Wow sorry for the long comment!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home