Thursday, November 18, 2004

hop-a-long the knit-a-long

In a couple posts back I mentioned how I really want to knit the Hourglass sweater from Last Minute Knitted Gifts.

Well, I've been discussing the idea of starting an Hourglass sweater knit-a-long with a few people. I still need to figure out how these things are created and if rules need to be made, etc.

Bottom line, are you interested in participating? Let me know. (Yes, we can start it AFTER you've completed all your holiday gifts!)

And if you've organized a knit-a-long before, all forms of advice are welcome.

Oh, one more thing... I was searching for an existing Hourglass knit-a-long on the web. Couldn't find one, but I did find
this blog. (Try to look away when you see my babbling comments.) Illanna has made the sweater and has informed me that there are NUMEROUS mistakes beyond the corrections listed at purlsoho.com. She ended up calling Purl in NYC more than once for assistance with the pattern. Knitterly friends, this pattern definitely seems like a good one for a knit-a-long.

2 Comments:

At 12:50 PM, Blogger The Frog said...

Hey there Monkey Girl. Thanks for stoppin' by my blog. Both sweaters were knit with worsted weight Handpaintedyarn.com Kettle-dyed Merino yarn. The pulple one is "Cuarzo mm97" and the swamp monster is "Green Grey mm73". I plan to finish the purple one today and promise to post pictures soon. Also, to answer your question from days ago (sorry it took so long to get back to you) I used the "illustration generator" to make my profile picture. It's kind of fun to make Japanese cartoons out of yourself and loved ones. Here's the link: http://illustmaker.abi-station.com/index_en.shtml

 
At 9:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I'm going to make the Hourglass sweater, I just ordered some Cash Iroha from Ebay (I hope I have enough!) and hope to start it in the new year! Thanks for starting up the along!

Cathi
http://abfab.typepad.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home