Thursday, November 18, 2004

down in the valley

Arg! The San Fernando Knitting Meetup was a bust last night. What a bummer. It took me over an hour to drive there in rush hour traffic; the drive home took less than (or fewer than?) 25 minutes.

But the drive wasn't the part that bummed me out the most (close second, though). Here's the deal. L.A. is huge. So is "The Valley." So, I want to know why (why!) there were ONLY six people (including me) in attendance at this thing?!! One lady had commented something like, "Look at this crowd tonight! This is great!" For the SB knitting group, six people would be considered a poor turnout.

While there, I did teach someone how to knit, which was kind of cool... until someone else showed up and taught her continental. D'oh! So much for helping out. I wonder if I'll ever learn continental knitting... C'est la vie!

1 Comments:

At 9:52 AM, Blogger caramelknits said...

Well, we switched the SB meetup to Thursdays now, so you don't have to worry about missing it anymore. We all missed you on Wed anyway, and we're probably more fun. Don't you just love the SB group?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home