Sunday, October 31, 2004

how fuzzy was he?


ggh Apart on US size 13 Clover circular needles.

Let me start by saying I've never really cared for novelty yarns.

Yet, when I saw the yarn shown in the photo above, it screamed "Buy me, you fool!" And, so, I became its fool. This was the most I've ever spent on a hank of yarn EVER.

I started out on US size 35 needles borrowed from Summers.

novelty yarn + US size 35 needles = a maddening experience

I cast on 33 stitches for a scarf/shawl and later, somehow, ended up with 37 stitches. Knitted for about a foot before I gave up and switched to much smaller needles and knitting in the round. I probably won't have enough yarn to make a decent-sized scarf (Christmas present for one of my Berthas), but I'm giving it a shot. Heaven forbid I'd actually complete one of my other projects before starting this.


4 Comments:

At 11:37 AM, Blogger tellen said...

So my question is: is it any easier on the smaller needles? Just wondering! Look forward to seeing you tonight.

 
At 6:59 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

Tracy -- I think so, but, it still sucks!

 
At 6:58 AM, Blogger cheekee said...

cheekee monkee is a kindred spirit who would like you to look at his blog www.cheekeemonkee.blogspot.com

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger cheekee said...

I found you by seeing who else liked my favourite movie, Gorillas in the mist. I quite like 'Curious George'too, he was a distant relative of mine, better travelled though. I am however directly related to the 3 wise monkees, Hereno, Seeno & Speakno.
My adopted parents are 2 Aussies living in England, they are about to go back to Australia for a holiday in February and guess what? They're taking me. I plan to bungee jump off Sydney harbour bridge & do some surfing in the waves at Bondi or Coogee. Keep checking my blog because I'll be able to show you just what I'm doing.
Sorry I'm not greatly into knitting although both my adopted's do a bit of sewing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home